Our goal was to simplify the voter registration process during the Obama campaign. Silverback was clearly the easiest way to gain true insights into user behavior, and resulted in a successful, more informed site at launch. There is nothing silver about Silverback, all gold in my opinion!
so says Scott Thomas of Obama for America |
Guerrilla usability testing software for designers and developers
- Capture screen activity
- Video the tester’s face
- Record the tester’s voice
- Add chapter markers on-the-fly
- Control recording with the remote
- Export to Quicktime
Features in 2.0 include
- Watch sessions within Silverback
- Tasks & Highlights
- Set tasks and mark noteworthy moments within a session
- Batch Export
- Save selected sessions, tasks, highlights or projects in one go
- Faster export, better usability
Mac OS X (10.5-10.8)
Usability testing is last on everybody’s list of priorities. It’s time-consuming, can require specialist equipment, and is expensive to outsource. Not any more.
Silverback makes it easy, quick and cheap for everyone to perform guerrilla usability tests with no setup and no expense, using hardware already in your Mac.
Silverback runs on Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion with a built-in iSight or some alternative. It does not run on 10.4 and lower.
The software is free for 30 days and only US $69.95 to register from then on.